This value pack consists of the Side by Side 2 Student Book and the Activity & Test Prep Workbook (with 2 Audio CDs).
Side by Side, Third Edition, by Steven J. Molinsky and Bill Bliss, is a dynamic, all-skills program that integrates conversation practice, reading, writing, and listening — all in a light-hearted, fun, and easy-to-use format that has been embraced by students and teachers worldwide. This four-level program promotes native communication between students … practicing speaking together “side by side.”
Features of the Third Edition
- Vocabulary Preview sections in every chapter introduce key words in a lively picture dictionary format.
- “How to Say It!” lessons highlight communication strategies.
- Pronunciation exercises provide models for practicing authentic pronunciation, stress, and intonation.
- Side by Side Gazette “magazine-style” pages offer feature articles, fact files, vocabulary expansion, cross-cultural topics through photos, authentic listening activities, e-mail exchanges, and humorous cartoons for role-playing.
- All-new illustrations are lively, light-hearted, and richly detailed to offer students language practice that is contextualized and fun.
The core components include Student Books, Teacher’s Guides, Activity Workbooks, Activity & Test Prep Workbooks, Communication Games and Activity Masters, audio programs, combined split editions (Student Book and Workbook lessons combined), a testing program, and picture cards.